One of the best and the fastest ways to unroot the Huawei Ascend P2 is to download the stock ROM, put it on the phone, and then let the phone update itself with the ROM. As easy as that.
The stock ROM brings back all the default settings and apps on your phone. These include the system apps that you may have removed from your phone after rooting it. Once the tutorial’s done, you will have a phone that works like as if it has just been unboxed.
Files You Need
- Backup any data that you think is important before proceeding further as the below guide should wipe off your device.
- This should flash the stock firmware on your phone.
- Download Stock ROM – aka Stock Firmware – to your computer. It’s the whole OS for your Huawei Ascend P2.
Unrooting the Huawei Ascend P2
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure your phone can receive files from your computer.
- Extract files from Stock ROM to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here. You’ll get a folder called dload.
- Copy this dload folder from your computer over to the internal storage on your phone.
- When dload folder is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Hold down Volume UP, Volume DOWN, and Power buttons together on your phone.
- Your phone should start updating itself with the stock ROM that you copied to it in one of the above steps.
- Wait for your phone to be updated with the stock ROM.
- When it’s done updating, reboot your phone.
- You’re all set!
Your Huawei Ascend P2 is now unrooted and is running on the stock firmware. As you may already know, you now have a completely untouched version of Android that your manufacturer developed for your phone.