Should you ever mess-up something on your Huawei Fusion 3, you can immediately get your phone back to the stock using a stock ROM as described below. Maybe you’ve done over-customizations on your phone or you simply wish to get your device back to what it was before, the guide below should help you do that.
What unrooting does is flash the stock ROM on your phone which removes all the customizations that you did to your phone. It includes removing the custom ROMs, kernels, and everything else that isn’t a part of a stock ROM.
Here’s how you can go about unrooting your Huawei Fusion 3:
Files You Need
- Please backup anything that you feel is important before proceeding further. This tutorial should erase the data stored on your phone.
- This should flash the stock ROM on your phone.
- Download Stock ROM for your Huawei Fusion 3 and save it to your computer.
Unrooting the Huawei Fusion 3
- Extract files from Stock ROM to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here. You should get a folder called dload.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable. Make sure your phone is in data transfer mode.
- Copy the dload folder from your computer over to the root directory on the internal SD card storage on your phone.
- When the folder is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Hold down Volume UP, Volume DOWN, and Power buttons together on your phone.
- The phone should start updating itself with the stock ROM that you copied to it in one of the above steps.
- Wait for it to finish the update process.
- When the update’s done, reboot your phone.
- You’re done!
Your Huawei Fusion 3 is now unrooted and is running on the pure stock ROM.
Let us know how the tutorial went for you in the comments below!