Unrooting the Huawei Honor 4C smartphone doesn’t always have to be about restoring the warranty. You might just want to be running on a stock ROM again and get that genuine feeling back to your smartphone so that it feels expensive. Others might just want to use the stock Android ROM that was made for the device and get away from the custom ROMs they are using. There are many more reasons to unroot the Honor 4C that we could tell you about, like the security advantages that you get after it’s complete.
The Files You Need
- Download the Stock ROM for the Honor 4C from this page.
- These are the steps to unroot the Huawei Honor 4C smartphone. You should not try these steps on a different device. The ROM only works for the 4C variant. Furthermore, you should have the device rooted for this guide to work. However, you could still install the stock ROM even if you weren’t rooted. It’s handy if you want to unbrick your device too!
Unrooting The Huawei Honor 4C Smartphone
- Download the stock ROM directly to the desktop of the computer.
- Right-click on the folder once it’s on the desktop and click the ‘extract here’ option from the menu. You will only see that menu when you right-click over the file .
- You should end up seeing the Update.app file.
- Create a new folder on the smartphone’s SD card (internal SD card) and call it ‘dload’.
- Connect the Huawei Honor 4C smartphone to the computer now with the USB cable.
- transfer the Update.app file over to the internal SD card folder you created called dload.
- Unplug the smartphone from the computer.
- Make sure your device is completely shut down by long-pressing the Power key until it’s off and not just sleeping.
- reboot the Honor 4C by holding the Power + Volume Up + Volume Down buttons together and do not let go until you see the software update flashing.
- Wait until the flashing finishes before rebooting the device.
- Now that you have finished, you can download the root checker app from the Google Play Store. By installing the app, you can check that your handset doesn’t have root access anymore.