The following guide teaches you how to unroot the OnePlus two smartphone. As most of you will know, the OnePlus two follows on from the success of the first-generation OnePlus One. many had feared it wouldn’t be a successful release because of the painfully slow invite system in place to buy the smartphone and the fact that it might not be coming with CyanogenMod. Nevertheless, from all reports the OnePlus Two release has been a success thus far. If you already rooted the OnePlus Two smartphone and want to return back to the stock OnePlus ROM, you can do that by following the guide below.
The Files You Need
- Download the stock Oxygen OS ROM from this page. The link provided will flash the latest stock Oxygen OS v2.0.2 and not the earlier 2.0.1 release.
Unrooting the OnePlus 2
- Download the Oxygen OS ROM to the desktop of your computer and don’t unzip the file.
- Connect the OnePlus Two to the computer by using the USB cable.
- Transfer the Oxygen OS ROM still zipped to the internal storage SD card on your smartphone.
- Unplug the OnePlus Two smartphone from the computer.
- Enter recovery mode on the OnePlus two smartphone. Do that by pressing the Power + Volume Up buttons together at the same time.
- You should see the Fastboot Mode menu pop out on the display.
- Select the recovery option from the menu.
- select the “Apply Update” option from the recovery mode.
- Upload the Oxygen OS stock ROM from the SD card.
- Navigate back to the main menu once the flashing is complete and choose to reboot the system now.
- The smartphone will now reboot, and the new Oxygen OS should wipe out any of the problems you were facing before installing the update. Cheers!
Hard Reset/Factory Reset/Master Reset the OnePlus two
Those of you not interested in flashing a new stock ROM on the OnePlus handset should enter the recovery mode again. Do that with the same key commands; Volume Up + Power until you get the fastboot screen where you can then select to enter the recovery mode. Now instead of uploading the new ROM, try wiping the data/factory reset. Applying factory resets are the other way out of a brick situation.