If you’ve decided to unroot your Samsung Galaxy A5, then the guide below should help you do that. There are various reasons why you may want to unroot your device. Maybe the launcher crashes too often or maybe the phone doesn’t behave normally.
Regardless of the reason, here’s how to unroot your device:
Files You Need
1. Make sure that you have Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer.
2. Download Odin tool to your computer. You’ll use it to flash the stock ROM on your device.
3. Download the Stock ROM that is for your device from the following list:
Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy A5 (All Variants)
1. You must first extract the compressed files before you can use them. To do that, right-click on both Stock ROM and Odin archives and select Extract here to extract their files.
2. Open Odin by double-clicking on its executable file.
3. In the Odin, click on PDA and choose Stock ROM that is available on your computer.
4. Uncheck Repartition in the Odin. It must NOT be checkmarked when you’re flashing a file, unless specified.
5. You can checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
6. Turn off your phone.
7. Turn your phone back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
8. Hit Volume UP and you should reboot into download mode.
9. Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
10. Hit Start in the Odin and wait for it to flash the ROM on your device.
11. When the ROM is flashed, your phone will automatically reboot.
12. You’re all set.
Your Samsung Galaxy A5 is now unrooted and is running the official stock firmware. You’re back to the unrooted state!