Unrooting your Samsung device is usually as easy as flashing a stock ROM back using the Odin app via a Windows PC. If you want to return your device back to a stock ROM after having root access, this is the guide for you to follow. Moreover, the guide below is also useful for those suffering from some soft-brick symptoms such as getting stuck in a boot loop or just an unstable ROM after rooting.
The Files You Need
- Download the stock ROM for the Galaxy Core Duos (model number I8262).
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones from the official Samsung website.
- Download the Odin flashing tool. Any version on the page is fine, but try using one of the later versions like the Odin 3.09.
- The following guide is only made for the Samsung Galaxy Core Duos in mind. Do not flash the stock ROM on any other device. It must have the model number I8262. You can double-check what model number yours is by heading to the Settings > About Device.
- You can only follow this guide with a Windows PC. The version of Windows will not matter — anything from Windows XP to Windows 10 and beyond is fine.
Unrooting The Samsung Galaxy Core Duos I8262
- Download the stock ROM for your country/region from the names above, and unzip the file on the Windows PC desktop.
- Unzip the Odin flashing tool on your desktop.
- Run the Odin tool and leave it open.
- Completely power off the Samsung Galaxy Core Duos by holding the Power button in for ten seconds.
- Reboot the Galaxy Core by holding the Volume Down + Power + Home buttons and you should find your device goes in the download mode.
- Press the Volume Up button if you see the warning screen to complete the job.
- Connect the Sammy Galaxy Core to the computer using the USB cable.
- Click the AP or PDA button in Odin. The wording will vary depending on your version of Odin.
- browse the desktop for the stock ROM you unzipped earlier.
- leave the default Settings in Odin. make sure the re-partition box is left empty.
- Click the Start button and wait for the Odin app to flash your device with the stock ROM.
- After a few minutes, the Odin app should tell you a “pass” message on the computer display.
Now you are unrooted and can unplug from the Windows PC.