While root gives you the opportunity to customize your device at a great extent, unroot restores the stock ROM on your device and lets you enjoy the complete stock experience. If you’ve messed-up your device and are wondering how you could restore the stock ROM, here’s how you can do that:
Files You Need
1. Download Stock ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo to your computer. It contains all the system files, apps, and everything that your phone needs to run properly.
2. Download Odin to your computer. You’ll use it to flash the stock ROM on your device.
3. This should only work for GT-I9060 device.
Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo
1. As always, the first step is to extract files from both the archives you have downloaded. To do that, right-click on both the archives you’ve downloaded one by one and select Extract here. It’ll extract the actual usable files to your computer.
2. Double-click on the Odin executable and it’ll launch on your computer.
3. In the Odin, there’s a button that says PDA. Click on it and choose the Stock ROM file that you extracted to your computer.
4. One of the checkboxes in the Odin is Repartition. It should not be checked. If it’s already checked, uncheck it.
5. You can checkmark the boxes that are labeled as Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time.
6. Turn off your phone.
7. Reboot your phone into download mode by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
8. Hit Volume UP when you see a warning message on your screen.
9. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
10. One of the boxes in Odin should say Added which means your device has been recognized by your computer.
11. Click on Start in the Odin and wait for it to flash the stock ROM on your device.
12. When the ROM is flashed, your phone will automatically reboot.
13. You’re all set!
Your Samsung Galaxy Grand Neo is now running the official Samsung stock ROM that has no root and any custom apps or tools. Enjoy!