Did you just overload your phone with tons of root-requiring apps? Does your phone not work properly anymore? If that’s the case, the best way to get your phone out of this mess is to unroot it. Flashing back the stock ROM will unroot your phone and install all of the system files and apps that usually come preloaded on all the system images. It should solve any software related issues on your phone and your phone will start behaving normal.
So, here’s how you can go about unrooting your device:
Files You Need
1. Download the Stock ROM for your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime to your computer. You’ll be flashing it on your device in the following procedure.
2. Download Odin to your computer. It’ll help you flash the ROM on your device.
3. This tutorial only works for the SM-G530F device.
Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
1. Just like any unrooting procedure, you must first extract the content of the archives that you have downloaded. Right-click on both Odin and Stock ROM one by one and select Extract here.
2. Launch Odin by double-clicking on its executable file that you got after extracting the archive.
3. In the Odin, you should see a button that says PDA. Click on it and navigate to the folder where you have saved the stock ROM and select it to be flashed on your device.
4. The Repartition option must be unchecked in the Odin. If it’s already checked, uncheck it.
5. You can checkmark the two options that say Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time in the Odin.
6. Turn off your phone.
7. Reboot your phone into download mode. It can be done by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons at the same time for a few seconds.
8. Hit Volume UP when you see a prompt on your screen.
9. You should now reboot into download mode.
10. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
11. As soon as you connect your phone, Odin should say Added.
12. Click on Start in the Odin and wait for it to flash the stock ROM on your phone.
13. It should take some time to finish the flashing as you’re installing an entire system image on your phone.
14. When the flashing is done, your phone will automatically reboot.
15. You’re done!
Your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime is now unrooted. Your phone is now running the official stock ROM that will provide you with the complete stock experience that you had when you first purchased your phone from the retail store. Have fun!
Please share this article: