Unrooting and getting your Samsung Galaxy J7 back to the stock is much easier than you think. All you need to have is the ROM file and Odin and you are all set.
There are various reasons why you wish to unroot your device. Maybe the custom ROM that you flashed on your device didn’t turn out to be the best ROM for you. Whatever the reasons are, here’s how you can unroot and get your Galaxy J7 back to the stock ROM:
Files You Need
1. You must have a Windows based computer in order to do this tutorial.
2. Make sure that Samsung USB drivers are installed on your computer.
3. Download Odin to your computer. It’ll be used to flash the stock ROM on your device.
4. Download Stock ROM for the SM-J700F to your computer. It’ll be flashed on your device.
5. You should only try this on a SM-J700F device.
Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy J7
1. First of all, extract files from both Stock ROM and Odin to your computer by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here.
2. Double-click on Odin executable and it will launch.
3. Click on PDA and choose the stock ROM file available on your computer. This is the file that will be flashed on your device.
4. Uncheck Repartition if it’s already checked in the Odin.
5. You can checkmark Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in the Odin.
6. Power down your device.
7. Power up your device by holding down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons together.
8. Press Volume UP when you see a prompt on your screen and you should boot into download mode.
9. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
10. Click Start in the Odin and wait for it to flash the ROM on your device.
11. When it’s done flashing the ROM, your phone should automatically reboot.
12. You’re all done!
That’s all there is to it.
Your Samsung Galaxy J7 should now be unrooted. You’re now back to the stock firmware on your Galaxy J7 and you now have all the default apps back on your device, in case you removed them before.