It often happens that when you load your device with tons of root-requiring apps, it becomes unresponsive and you don’t have any solution but to remove everything and get back to the default system. The question is: how do you do that?
Unrooting is one such thing that flashes back the stock ROM on your device and helps you remove any unwanted apps or tools from your device. Since it gets your device back to stock, you’re no longer rooted.
If you’re wondering how you could unroot your Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos, the guide below should help you:
Files You Need
1. In order for your computer to be able to recognize your device, you should have the Samsung USB Drivers installed on your computer.
2. Download Stock ROM for your Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos to your computer. It’s the actual OS that powers your device.
3. Download Odin tool to your computer. It’s a tool that helps flash various custom files on a Samsung device.
4. You should only try this on a SM-G900FD device.
Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos
1. Stock ROM and Odin must first be uncompressed before you can use them. To do uncompress them, right-click on both of them one by one and select Extract here. It’ll uncompress the compressed files for you.
2. Double-click on Odin and it’ll launch.
3. Click on the button that says PDA and choose Stock ROM available on your computer. It’ll be flashed on your device.
4. Ensure that Repartition is unchecked in Odin. If it comes checkmarked by default, uncheck it.
5. Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time should be checkmarked.
6. Turn off your device.
7. Reboot your device into download mode. It can be done by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
8. You should see a warning message on your screen. Hit the Volume UP key and you should enter download mode.
9. Now it’s time you connect your phone to your computer. Use a USB cable to do that.
10. Once connected, hit the Start button in Odin and it should start flashing the stock ROM on your phone.
11. When it has done flashing the ROM, your phone will automatically reboot.
12. You’re all set.
Your Samsung Galaxy S5 Duos is now running the official Samsung stock firmware. As you may already know, these ROMs don’t come pre-rooted and are there to provide you with the best stock experience you can ever have. Enjoy!
Please share this article: