Did you mess something up on your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini and you want to get your device back to the working condition? If so, the guide below should help you.
Unrooting your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini should help you resolve almost all the software related issues on your phone. What the unrooting procedure does is flash the stock version of the Android OS on your phone, which removes all the content on your phone and installs everything stock – and stock is almost always stable.
So, if that works for you, here’s how to unroot and get your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini back to the stock:
Files You Need
- You should have rooted your phone using our how to root the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini tutorial.
- Please backup your phone before doing this tutorial as this will wipe off all the data stored on your phone.
- You need to have a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial as the tool that you are going to use is only available for Windows.
- Ensure that Samsung USB drivers are properly installed on your Windows computer.
- This should get your phone back to the stock firmware.
- Download Stock Firmware for the SM-G800H to your computer. It is the full Android operating system for your phone.
- Download Odin to your computer. It is the tool that will help you flash the above stock ROM on your phone.
- You should only try this on a SM-G800H phone.
Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini (SM-G800H)
- First of all, unzip files from both Odin and Stock Firmware over to your computer by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here.
- Launch Odin by double-clicking on its executable that you just extracted to your computer.
- When Odin opens, click on the PDA button and select Stock Firmware file that you extracted in the previous steps to your computer. Make sure you do not choose the archived stock firmware or it will not work.
- Uncheck the option that says Repartition in the Odin. It may cause issues in the procedure.
- Checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in the Odin. They are both harmless.
- Power off your phone so you can get it into download mode.
- While your phone is turned off, press and hold Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons together for a few seconds.
- You will see a warning message on your phone. Hit Volume UP and you will get into the download mode.
- Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
- Odin should now recognize your phone and show it on its main interface. Now, click the button that says Start to allow Odin to start flashing the stock firmware on your phone.
- Wait for the Odin to flash stock firmware on your phone. It should take some good time as you are flashing an entire operating system on your phone.
- When the Odin’s done flashing stock firmware, your phone should automatically reboot.
- You are done!
Your Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini with model number SM-G800H is now unrooted and is back to the stock firmware.
The first boot should take some time, so please have patience. Once that is done, your phone should run butterly smooth as it now does not have any apps or any modifications which can cause it to slow down.
Enjoy the pure stock version of the Android operating system on your phone!