If, for any reasons, you wish to unroot your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0, the guide below should help you do that.
While you may have done many customizations on your tablet and flashed all the custom ROMs you could find, maybe you think it is time that you go back to the stock ROM and have a peaceful life.
So, here’s how you can do that:
Files You Need
- Your tablet should be rooted using our how to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 (SM-T710) tutorial.
- You must have a Windows running computer in order to do this tutorial as the tool that you are going to use is Windows only.
- Ensure that the Samsung USB drivers are installed on your Windows computer. If they are not, install them first.
- This should flash back the stock firmware on your tablet.
- Please backup anything that you feel is important before doing this tutorial as this should wipe off everything on your tablet.
- Download Stock Firmware for SM-T710 to your computer. It is the whole operating system for your tablet.
- Download Odin to your computer. It is the tool that you will use to flash the stock firmware on your tablet.
- You should only try this on a SM-T710 device.
Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 (SM-T710)
- Unzip files from both Odin and Stock Firmware over to your computer by right-clicking on each of these archives and selecting Extract here and you will have all the files ready for use.
- Double-click on the Odin executable and it will launch.
- When the Odin opens, click on PDA and select the extracted stock firmware file available on your computer. This is where you input what to be flashed on your phone.
- Uncheck the Re-partition option if it is already checkmarked in the Odin.
- Checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in the Odin.
- Turn off your tablet completely.
- Turn your tablet back on in download mode. To do so, hold down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- When your tablet enters the download mode, plug it in to your computer using a compatible USB cable.
- Once your tablet is connected to your computer, click Start in the Odin and it will start flashing the stock firmware on your device.
- It should take some good time to flash the firmware as it is a whole operating system and not a tweak or anything like that.
- When the Odin’s done flashing the firmware, your tablet should automatically reboot.
- You should now be unrooted!
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 is now unrooted and is running the official Samsung firmware. The first boot might take some time and when that is done, you will be walked through the steps to set up your device. It includes entering in your Google account details, and confirming other settings so that it works the way you want it to.
Now that you are unrooted, you will no longer be able to run any root-requiring apps on your tablet until and unless you re-root it which can be done by using our how to root guide. If you have just got back from a custom ROM, enjoy some time with the stock ROM and see what it has to offer you.