If you are now sick of all the customizations that you have made to your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7, you can unroot the device and get it back to the stock so that all the modifications are gone and you have the purest version of Android on your device.
Files You Need
- Your tablet should have been rooted using our how to root the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810) tutorial.
- Please backup your tablet before you do this tutorial as this should wipe off everything on your tablet.
- You must have a computer that has Windows as its OS in order to do this tutorial.
- You should have Samsung USB drivers installed on your Windows computer.
- This should flash back the stock firmware on your tablet.
- Download Stock Firmware for SM-T810 to your computer. It is the whole operating system for your tablet.
- Download Odin to your computer. It will be used to flash the stock firmware on your tablet.
- You should only try this on a SM-T810 device.
Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810)
- Extract files from both Odin and Stock Firmware over to your computer by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here. The files are now ready for use.
- Double-click on Odin executable and it should launch.
- Click on PDA in the Odin and choose the extracted stock firmware file that exists on your computer. Here is where you can choose a file to be flashed on your phone and you are selecting the stock firmware file.
- Uncheck Repartition in the Odin if it is already checked.
- You can checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in the Odin.
- Power off your tablet completely.
- Power on your tablet by holding down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons at the same time. It should get your tablet into the download mode.
- While your tablet is in download mode, plug it in to your computer using a suitable USB cable.
- Odin should show a message saying your tablet has been recognized.
- Click on Start in the Odin and it will start flashing stock firmware on your tablet.
- Wait for the Odin to flash the stock firmware as it is an entire OS and will take some good time to be flashed.
- When the Odin’s done flashing the firmware, your tablet should automatically reboot.
- You are now back to the stock!
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 (SM-T810) is now unrooted and is running the official Samsung firmware.
Root access’s now gone from your tablet, thus making your device incompatible with the root-requiring apps. These apps will no longer work on your device until and unless you re-root your tablet.
Now that you are back to the stock firmware from maybe a custom ROM or a highly customized stock firmware, you should be glad to see all the default apps back on the device. This is the purest version of the Android that your manufacturer has developed for you, and it contains no custom modifications.
You can now go ahead and re-customize your tablet, sell it as the buyer would not know the device was once rooted, and so on.