Maybe the custom ROM on your Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 doesn’t work well? Maybe you’ve decided to unroot and get your Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 back to stock? If so, here’s how you can do that.
Stock ROMs have been known to be the most stable ones, and here’s how you can flash one on your Samsung Galaxy Trend 2:
Files You Need
1. This can only be done on a Windows based computer.
2. Make sure that Samsung USB drivers are already installed on your computer.
3. Download Odin to your computer. It’ll be required to flash the stock ROM on your device.
4. Download Stock ROM for the SM-G313HN to your computer. It’ll be flashed on your device.
5. This only works for the SM-G313HN device.
Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy Trend 2
1. Unzip files from both Odin and Stock ROM to your computer by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here.
2. Open Odin by double-clicking on its executable file.
3. When the Odin launches, click on PDA and choose Stock ROM available on your computer.
4. Checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in the Odin.
5. Uncheck Repartition if it’s already checked in the Odin.
6. Turn off your device.
7. Reboot your device into download mode. You can do that by holding down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons together.
8. Hit Volume UP and you should be in download mode on your device.
9. Connect your device to your computer using a USB cable.
10. Hit Start in the Odin and wait for it to flash Stock ROM on your device.
11. When the Odin’s done flashing the ROM, your phone should automatically reboot.
12. You’re all done!
You’ve successfully unrooted your Samsung Galaxy Trend 2. It no longer runs on the rooted firmware, it’s now completely stock.