Did you install a custom ROM on your Sony Xperia E3 but it just didn’t work out well for you? No worries, you can always revert back to the original factory firmware on your device. Installing the stock ROM replaces your custom ROM and unroots your device.
Here’s how you can unroot your Sony Xperia E3 smartphone:
Files You Need
1. This should flash the official stock ROM on your Xperia E3.
2. Download Flashtool to your computer. It’s the tool that helps flash firmwares on Sony Xperia devices.
3. Download the appropriate stock ROM for your device from the following list:
Unrooting the Sony Xperia E3
1. Double-click on Flashtool executable and install the tool on your computer.
2. Copy Stock ROM from the folder you have downloaded it to to the /firmwares/ folder available in the Flashtool directory.
3. Launch Flashtool on your computer by double-clicking on its executable file.
4. Click on Flash in the tool and select the Stock ROM you copied earlier to the firmwares folder.
5. Click on OK in the tool.
6. Turn off your phone.
7. Hold down Volume DOWN and plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
8. The tool should start flashing Stock ROM on your device.
9. Wait for it to flash the ROM on your device.
10. When the ROM is flashed, reboot your device.
11. You’re done.
Excellent! Your Sony Xperia E3 is now running the official stock firmware and is unrooted.
Please share this article: