Did the root-access not work properly for you on your Xiaomi MI4? Did you mess-up your device trying out various root-requiring apps? No worries, you can always unroot your device and start everything from scratch.
Here’s how you can go about unrooting your Xiaomi MI4:
Files You Need
1. Download the Stock Firmware for your Xiaomi MI4.
2. You must have the CWM Recovery installed on your phone. Our guide on the same should help you flash it on your device.
3. This should erase the data on your device, so make sure you’ve taken a backup of your important files.
Unrooting the Xiaomi MI4
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy Stock Firmware from your computer over to the phone storage on your device.
3. When the firmware is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
4. Download and install the Quick Boot app on your phone.
5. Launch the app on your phone and tap on Recovery. Your phone will reboot into the CWM Recovery mode.
6. Once in recovery, select wipe data/factory reset. Let it wipe off your device.
7. Select wipe cache partition to wipe off the cache files.
8. Select advanced->wipe dalvik cache and let it do its job.
9. Now select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard.
10. Navigate to the folder where you copied the firmware file and select it.
11. Let the recovery flash the file for you.
12. When the firmware is flashed, reboot your device.
13. You are done.
Your Xiaomi MI4 is now unrooted. The procedure above flashed back the stock firmware on your device that has no root-access and is pure version of Android for your device.
Please share this article: