Maybe you seek OTA updates for your Xiaomi Redmi 1S but can’t get them as your device is rooted? Well, unrooting the said device is as easy as pie. Once unrooted, your device should work as it did when you bought it off the retail store and you should start receiving the official updates on your device.
One thing you should keep in your mind before unrooting is: your device won’t accept root-requiring apps anymore. Who cares for these apps when you’re getting a really major software update for your phone? So here you go:
Files You Need
1. Download Stock Recovery that will replace the custom recovery on your Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
Unrooting the Xiaomi Redmi 1S
1. Connect your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
2. Copy stock recovery from your computer over to the SD card storage on your device.
3. When the recovery is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
4. Open the app drawer on your phone and launch the Updater app.
5. Select Options followed by Reboot to recovery.
6. Once in recovery, select install zip followed by choose zip from sdcard.
7. Choose the Stock Recovery zip to be installed on your device.
8. Let it flash the selected file on your device.
9. When it’s done, go back to the main menu of the recovery and select the reboot option.
10. When your device reboots, go to app drawer and tap on SuperSU.
11. Tap on the Settings option.
12. Tap on Full unroot and it’ll fully unroot your device.
13. Reboot your device.
14. You’re now unrooted!
That’s all there is to unrooting your Xiaomi Redmi 1S.
You should now get OTA updates on your phone just like before as your device isn’t rooted anymore. Cheers!
Please share this article: