Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 is a mid-class smartphone with little specs, and it won’t have any chance of getting Android 6.0 marshmallow from Samsung, so you need to update it all by yourself. You can do this by installing a this CM 13 custom ROM which I’m going to tell you about today.
This custom ROM looks exactly like stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow and have all the features the same with some more custom features added by CyanogenMod team. So go beyond your phone’s extent and install this custom ROM on it.
Points To Remember:
- First, you need to root your phone and install a custom recovery on it (TWRP recommended).
- You need a PC with internet connection to download the installation files.
- Backup your critical data before installing this custom ROM on your phone or it will wipe out all the data from your phone’s system memory.
- make sure that you charge your phone to at least 70 % battery so that it won’t go off during the installation.
Steps To install CM 13 on Samsung Galaxy Ace 3:
- Download CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM zip file ROM here.
- Download Google apps zip package from here and save both the zip files on your PC.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable and transfer both the zip files to your phone.
- Now disconnect your phone from PC and reboot it to recovery mode.
- When in recovery mode Tap on “Wipe” and confirm to erase the system’s memory.
- After that tap on “Install” and select the CM 13 custom ROM zip from wherever it is, finally swipe to install it on your phone.
- After installation again tap on install and select Google Apps zip file this time.
- When all installation finished, come to the main menu and tap on “reboot” then “system”, this will reset your phone to OS mode.
- The first boot of your Galaxy Ace 3 phone with this custom ROM will take some time (like 10 to 12 minutes). After boot completes you will see a setup screen, just follow the steps and get to the home screen.
All the queries should be done in the comment section below. You can also suggest us something if you want to use the contact us page from the menu.
In conclusion, that is how to install an unofficial build of Android 6.0 Marshmallow on the Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 smartphone by installing the CyanogenMod 13 custom ROM. The team from CyanogenMod make the best custom ROMs in the world, and there is never any doubt about quality with these ROMs. IN fact, you can often expect them to run more smoothly and faster than the stock ROM made by the Android developers, and the level of stability is also top notch. However, it must be said that installing a custom ROM is always going to void the warranty you might have had on the device because these companies will not cover anything apart from the stock ROM that they make. It’s for that reason that installing custom ROMs like the CyanogenMod 13 Rom is usually done by experienced Android users only.