Are you sick of using KitKat on your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime and would like to try out the Lollipop version on your device? If that’s the case, go ahead and follow our guide below that walks you through the steps on how you can get the latest version of Android running on your device without rooting it.
It flashes the latest Lollipop firmware on your device and lets you enjoy all the features it brings with it for you.
Files You Need
1. This should flash the stock firmware that is based on the Android Lollipop on your device.
2. Since this will erase all the data stored on your device, you’re better off using a backup tool to backup all the data stored on your device.
3. Download Odin to your computer. You’ll use it to flash the firmware on your device.
4. The Android Lollipop firmware is only available for the users in Poland. It should be available for other countries very soon, too. You can download the Poland firmware from here to your computer.
Updating the Samsung Galaxy Core Prime to Android Lollipop
1. Extract files from both Odin and Stock Firmware to your computer by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Extract here.
2. Double-click on Odin and it will launch on your computer.
3. Click on PDA and select the Stock Firmware file available on your computer. This is the file that will be flashed on your device.
4. Repartition must not be checked in the Odin. If it is, uncheck it.
5. Checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options.
6. Turn off your phone.
7. Turn your phone back on by holding down Volume DOWN+Home+Power buttons at the same time.
8. Hit Volume UP when prompted and you will be in download mode.
9. Plug in your phone to your computer using a USB cable.
10. Click Start in the Odin and wait for it to flash the firmware on your device.
11. When the firmware’s flashed, your phone will automatically reboot.
12. You’re done.
Your Samsung Galaxy Core Prime has been successfully updated to the latest and greatest Android 5.0 Lollipop. Let us know how it works for you in the comments section below!