These are the steps to update the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE-A to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. The new Android 5.1.1 Lollipop comes with build number T337VVRU3BOH2. Since there is no Android 6.0 Marshmallow officially available for any devices apart from the developer builds, the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop is still the latest version of Android any device can have running.
The Files You Need
- Download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop T337VVRU3BOH2 Android 5.1.1 ROM from this page.
- Download the latest Odin version from this page.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers from the official Samsung website.
- You can only install this software update on the Tab 4 8.0 LTE-A device. Do not flash the file on any other tablet or smartphone or else you will brick the device.
Updating the Verizon Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 LTE-A to the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Unzip the Odin flashing tool to the desktop.
- Unzip the official T337VVRU3BOH2 firmware build from Sam Mobile on the desktop.
- Run the Odin tool on the computer so you can see it’s open.
- The Developer Options menu should already be unlocked in the latest Android Lollipop. Likewise, the USB Debugging Mode should already be on by default. You can check that is true by heading to the Apps > Settings App > Developer Options > USB Debugging Mode.
- Long-press the Power button on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8.0 until you see it switch off.
- Reboot the Tab 4 8.0 in download mode. Press the Power + Home + Volume Down buttons together until you see the warning message on the display.
- Release the said three buttons together and press the Volume Up button once. Your device will now enter the download mode.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 to the computer with its USB cable.
- Click the AP button in the Odin tool and browse the desktop for the official T337VVRU3BOH2 firmware file you extracted earlier.
- Double-check the re-partition box is empty.
Click the Start button and Odin will now flash that 5.1.1 Lollipop update on your device.
- Wait until you see Odin give the pass message on the computer screen before disconnecting.
- Now you have the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop running on your device.