Cyanogen took its first step in smartphone market with Yureka series smart phones. Cyanogen collaborates with Micromax and launched its Yureka series. Yureka is a high-end phone in very low price. This phone is launching in India on 16 April exclusively on Amazon in only Rs 8999. The Yureka phone by Yu comes with CyanogenMod 11 OS based on Android 4.4.2 KitKat and an update is rolling out for this phone. Today I will tell you to install this update manually on your phone without using paying for cellular data from your phone. You just have to download the update file and flash it to your phone. So stay focused and read all parts carefully so you will not ended with a bricked device.
This process is not illegal and not risky as well. Moreover, in this process it’s important to take all the precautions and your phone will be updated in no time. The following guide is not recommended by manufacturer or Google but after updating they won’t be able to know about the update process so your phone will not lose its warranty. Your phone will also not get rooted in this process so you have to root it from here.
You need a PC with internet connection, a USB cable and your phone. On your phone enable USB debugging option by going to settings > Developer Options > enable USB debugging from here (this is important to do or your phone will not get update properly). Also make sure that your phone have at least 50% battery left on it because your phone’s going to restart several times to finish update process.Also make sure that your phone should not be rooted, if it’s rooted then unroot it before installing this update on your phone.
This update process and files are only for Yu Yureka phones so do not waste your time installing it on any other device.
Steps to Install OTA Update Yu Yureka Manually
- First download the OTA update package from here.
- Transfer the OTA update zip file to your phone’s internal memory (in download folder so you can find it later easily).
- Unplug your phone from PC and turn your phone off.
- Now boot your phone to recovery mode by pressing volume up, volume down and power key together and after some time you will be in recovery mode.
- In recovery menu, tap on “wipe cache partition”.
- Go to main menu, select “Apply update” and select the OTA update zip file from your phone and confirm to start the update process.
- After the installation’s done, come back to main menu and select “reboot system now”.
Your phone is updated and now you can also root your phone again to experience unlimited power of Android.