T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is an awesome device (I am a serious fan of Samsung devices and interface) and if I were you I will surely update it to the latest OS available on the internet. Today I will show you a very new custom ROM to you so you can update your note 3 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and will give you a very good mobile experience. Read the article carefully and make your phone new again.
Things you need for this process is a PC, a USB cable and your phone rooted and TWRP custom recovery installed. Recovery will give you an option to tweak your phone in any way. Also make sure that your phone should have enough battery so it will stay awake throughout the installation process.
Backup each and everything that is important for you on your phone to your PC or any other external drive. Sync your contacts to your Google account which will keep them safe. Backup your important apps installed on your phone using the freely available Titanium backup app on Google Play store.
Make sure that you are trying to install this ROM only on T-Mobile Galaxy Note 3, if you try to install this ROM on any other device that might kill your phone.
Steps to install Android Ice Cold Project custom ROM on T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3:
- Navigate your PC’s browser to this page here and download the AICP ROM zip file and save it on your PC.
- Also download the Google apps zip file from here and save it on your PC, this is important to install on your phone or you will not be able to use your phone normally.
- Now connect your phone to your PC and move both zip files to your phone’s SD card, do not unzip them we have to install it as it is.
- After that unplug your phone from the PC and reboot it to recovery mode.
- To boot into recovery mode first shut down your device and turn it back on by pressing and holding the Volume Up key, Power key and Home key together. Wait for some time and you will be in recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, tap on “wipe” and confirm the step.
- After that come back to main menu and tap on “Install”, choose the ROM zip file and confirm the step.
- Tap again on “Install” and this time choose the Google apps zip file and confirm this step to start installation.
After the installation, come back to the main menu and tap on “Reboot” then “system” to go back to OS mode. Let your phone to get boot normally and you will see a welcome screen in about 10 to 12 minutes. And if you have any query then feel free to ask me using the comment section below.