CyanogenMod has fabricated a cool and light CM 12 custom ROM based on Android 5.0 Lollipop features and interface for your Sony Xperia V. And i will tell you how to install this CM 12 custom ROM on your Sony Xperia V. Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest Android OS released by Google. Lollipop has some great features like material design UI, fast charging, smooth and light design and many more.
CM 12 custom ROM is made by Cyanogen Mod team for high-end devices. CyanogenMod team also added some custom features also so it will match your device’s hardware performance and this CM 12 custom ROM is specially fabricated for your Sony Xperia V by CyanogenMod team. This CM 12 custom ROM manage your device’s RAM in a way so your device won’t lag. There are also some apps added by Cyanogen Mod team with which you can tweak your devices interface and performance. You can also update your CM 12 custom ROM later using the OTA updater under the About phone menu in settings.
Look out for a list of essentials just after the jump which you can read before starting the guide. That way you know everything you need to prepare, what the risk are involved and everything else. feel free to ask questions using the comments section below.
- As this is an illegal process, neither Google or Sony recommend this process so you should know that you are going to perform an illegal process and performing this process to your phone void your phones warranty. So if your good with this then you are all ready to perform this operation with your phone.
- If you want to install this CM 12 custom ROM on your Sony Xperia V then you should have your device rooted and a custom recovery (TWRP recommended) should be installed on your phone make sure custom recovery installed is updated and latest so it will support Android 5.0 Lollipop based custom ROMs.
- Back up all of your phone data so you would not lose them during this process cause installing custom ROMs will format your device’s internal memory and delete all the data saved there. You can sync all of your contacts to Google account so you can restore them after the ROM has been installed. You can also use Titanium backup app available on Google Play Store to backup your important apps and restore them when you want them. You can backup all of your media files like photos, music and video files to your PC or any other external drive so you will not loose them during this process (you can also move them to your device’s SD card as this process will not alter SD card data).
- Charge your device to at least 75% so it will not lose power during this process cause if this happens your device will get bricked and you have to perform the process again.
- Read the process carefully and apply then in the order they are, do not skip any of them cause it can lead to a bricked device.
Steps to Install CM12 custom ROM on Sony Xperia V:
- Download the CM12 custom ROM zip file from here.
- Download the Google Apps zip file from here.
- Transfer these two zip files to your phones SD card via USB cable (do not unzip the files cause we have to use them as they are) and unplug your phone when the transfer completes.
- Reboot your Xperia V to recovery mode.
- Now tap on “Backup” and confirm the process.
- Come to home screen and tap on “wipe” and then confirm the step.
- Now tap on “install” then “choose zip[ from SD card” then browse through your phones SD card and select the CM 12 ROM zip file then confirm to install.
- After installation finishes, install the Google Apps zip file the same way you installed the CM 12 zip file but don’t wipe this time.
- After you install Google Apps zip file then come back to home screen and tap on “reboot” then “system”, this will reboot your device normally.
Your device will take about 10 to 12 minutes to boot it for first time so be patient and don’t touch any key on your phone until you see the welcome screen. Or if your phone won’t reach the welcome screen even after the long time you can force shut down your phone (by removing battery) and boot to recovery mode and repeat the process again.
Enjoy the new Android 5.0 lollipop based CM12 custom ROM on your device and show off among your friends. Please like and share this tutorial with your friends so they can also get benefit with this.
Please share this article: