The CM 12.1 custom ROM is a replica of stock Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS by Google. This custom ROM is an unofficial build of CM 12.1 custom ROM by CyanogenMod team. But don’t worry it still have all the features of CM 12.1 custom ROM like fast charging, screen pinning, material design and many more. The Lenovo Vibe Z custom ROM also has some features to tweak your phones interface and boost performance. So, what are we waiting for? Get to the steps to install CyanogenMod on your phone.
Tools you need: A PC with internet connection to download ROM and Google apps zip file. A USB cable to connect your phone to your PC. Furthermore, your phone rooted and a custom recovery installed and make sure the custom recovery installed is latest version o support Android 5.0 Lollipop based custom ROMs.
Backup is very important before performing any custom operation with your phone like rooting or installing custom recovery. Backup all of your important data stored on your phone to any safe place like media files and other document files.
This installation process and RM files is only for Lenovo Vibe Z K910 only, do not try to install this ROM on other device.
Steps to install CM 12.1 custom ROM on Lenovo Vibe Z K910:
- Download the CM 12.1 unofficial custom ROM for your phone from here and put it inside a new folder on desktop (rename the folder to Lollipop for your convenience).
- Now download the Google apps zip file from this page and put it inside the Lollipop folder. The zip file contains all the essential Google Apps like the Google Play Store, YouTube, Google Now and more.
- After that, connect your phone to your PC and transfer both the zip fie from the Lollipop folder and unplug your phone when its done.
- Now turn your phone off and boot it to recovery mode. Turn your phone off completely and turn it by pressing and holding volume up key and power key together. Otherwise, you can click the link we left and learn how to enter the custom recovery mode using apps from Google Play and alternate hardware key methods.
- In recovery first take a backup of earlier ROM by taping on “Backup” and confirming the step.
- After backing up of ROM Tap on “wipe” and confirm this step to wipe the internal memory of your device (this is going to delete each file stored on your phone).
- Now tap on “Install” and select the custom ROM zip file and confirm the step to install the ROM on your device.
- After the installation completes, tap on “Install” again and this time select the Google apps zip file to install on your phone.
- After that, tap on “Reboot” then “System” to reboot your phone to OS mode.
If your phone fails to boots to the newly installed custom ROM then you can revert your phone to the previous ROM using recovery. You can also try to install the ROM again this might help you.