Everybody needs Android 5.1.1 Lollipop ROM on their phone whether the manufacturer released it or not. If you are also in the list of them then don’t you worry about it because I came up with a solution for all the Sony Xperia Z users. The Reconstruction Remix custom ROM makers has made a ROM which is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS for Sony Xperia Z devices. I will be the guide who will give you the instructions to install it on your phone. This process needs root, if you haven’t rooted your device yet, then do it from here.
There’s so much to do with a rooted Android, including overlocking the internals so you can crack better performance from the phone hardware. Moreover, you can install a custom recovery image which then allows you to install a custom ROM like we have here with the Resurrection Remix variant. You can also increase the internal memory, remove unwanted bloatware that’s slowing down your device, use more apps from Google Play and much more.
Keep these things in mind:
- First of all rooting or installing custom ROM on any device will void its warranty so better do it at your own risk.
- Secondly it (installing custom ROM) will also wipes the data stored on your phone’s internal memory so better make a backup of it before installing.
- Charge your phone to at least 50% of the battery so I will not go off during the installation process a sit may damage the device.
- At last, do not try to install this ROM on any other Sony Xperia or Android variant as it will brick your phone.
Steps to install resurrection remix custom ROM to Sony Xperia Z:
- All you need to do first is to download this ROM package here — it’s a zip file do not unzip it we will use it as it is.
- Also you need to download Google apps package from here. (Download the one which is suitable for this ROM). This package has all the Google apps like Google play store, Google now, you tube and much more.
- Now connect your phone to your PC and transfer both zip file to your phone’s SD card and unplug it when it’s done.
- After all that shut down your phone and boot it to the recovery mode, turn your phone on normally and when the notification light turns pink to rapidly press the Volume Up key several times now you will be in a Bootloader Mode. From here highlight the recovery option using the Volume Down key and press Volume Up key once.
- In recovery first “wipe cache” then “wipe data factory reset” after that go to advance menu and clear dalvik cache.
- Now come to the main menu and select install zip from SD card. Now select the ROM zip file and confirm to get it installed.
- Do same to install the Google apps zip file to your phone.
Voila! You got the Resurrection Remix custom ROM on your Sony Xperia Z phone which is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop, so from now on you can now show off among your friends with this custom ROM. If you have any query about this ROM or installation guide you can contact me freely using the comment section below.