Android 5.1.1 Lollipop version made by Google is the latest and the best OS till now. This version of Android is so much more secure than the earlier versions, the user interface is very good and fast. As Samsung is not going to roll out this version update for Galaxy S4 I9505 so you need to install a custom ROM on your phone based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop version to get the sweetness of Lollipop on your phone.
Resurrection Remix ROM is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS, that means it has all the features of this version of Android. All the security and interface features are embedded in this ROM. This ROM also has some extra features given by the developer to tweak the user interface and performance of your phone.
- Your phone’s warranty will get void after installing or rooting your phone.
- Backup your phone’s data before installing this ROM on your phone because installing ROM will delete all the data stored on your phone.
- Backup your phone’s contacts by syncing them to your Google account which will keep them safe.
- You need a windows based PC, a USB cable and your phone rooted and a custom recovery installed on your phone (TWRP recommended).
- Charge your phone to at least 50% of battery so it will stay wake during the installation process.
- This Rom and installation process is only for Samsung galaxy S4 I9505, do not try to install this ROM on any other Samsung or Android variant because it may brick down your phone.
Steps to install Resurrection Remix ROM on Samsung galaxy S4 I9505:
- Download Resurrection Remix Custom ROM zip package file from here and save it on the desktop on your PC.
- Download Google Apps zip package from here and save it also on your PC’s desktop.
- Now connect your phone to your PC as USB Mass Storage and move these files on your phone’s SD card.
- Unplug your phone and turn it off completely (till it goes off completely).
- Turn it on by pressing and holding the Volume Up key and Power keys together till you see recovery mode.
- In recovery mode first tap on “backup” and confirm this step to back up the previously installed ROM.
- Now come back to the main menu and tap on “wipe” and then confirm the step to wipe the memory and clear the cache.
- Tap on “install”, choose the ROM zip file and confirm the step to begin the installation process.
- After installation, install the Google apps zip file using the above step.
- Finally come back to main menu and tap on “reboot” then “system” to reboot your phone to OS mode.
Wait for some time and you will see the welcome screen. Fill out the set up screen and take over your phone again. For any queries use the comment section below.