Something that nearly all custom ROMs are famous for is the ability to remove unwanted bloatware from a device. Thankfully, the custom ROMs for the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone have the same upside. Installing the Android Ice Cold Project custom ROM will leave your device debloated and stock app free, giving it maximum performance.
The Ice Cold Project is usually a modified custom ROM originally based on AOKP and then given many features that are missing from the Android Open Kang Project.
Here is everything you need to install the AICPO ROM on your Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3:
Files You Need
- Download the Android Ice Cold Project Custom ROM for the OneTouch Idol 3 from here.
Installing the Android Ice Cold Project (AICP) Custom ROM on the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3
- Download the Android Ice Cold Project custom ROM for the Idol 3 smartphone from the files section and drag it over to the desktop of your computer.
- Connect the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable you normally use for charging the device.
- Copy the AICP custom ROM zip file over to the internal storage SD card on the Idol 3 device and then unplug it from the computer when you are done.
- Boot the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone to recovery mode using the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store, or the hardware key combination if you prefer. You should find your custom recovery boots up since you had to have installed a custom recovery before flashing a custom ROM.
- Choose to take the NANDroid Backup if you have the TWRP Recovery, or any recovery that supports the NANDroid Backup.
- Tap on the option that says ‘Wipe’ from the main menu of your recovery and it will wipe the data and factory reset your device.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ option from the main recovery menu and upload the AICP custom ROM file from the internal storage SD card.
- Go to the main recovery menu one more time and choose the option that says it will reboot your system now.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the Android Ice Cold project custom ROM on the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone using a custom recovery and a computer. Your new ROM will always boot up every time you boot up the device. You can change that by flashing a new custom ROM, or by flashing the stock ROM back on your device. Note that by flashing the Alcatel stock ROM on your Idol 3, you are unrooting the device at the same time.