The BlissPop custom ROM is similar to the Euphoria OS ROM in that it is highly customizable with more options than you can poke a stock at. It’s definitely more customizable than the CyanogenMod custom ROM that is available for the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone, and it is incredibly stable with few issues at all.
There a few main reasons to install a custom ROM on your Idol 3 device. One reason that cannot be overlooked is the ability to remove the bloatware. Geeks call it bloatware because it is bloating your ROM with stock apps by your phone carrier network that do nothing for you at all apart from make them some extra money. Once the Alcatel stock applications are removed from your Idol 3 smartphone, you will have a naturally faster and smoother experience with your ROM. That’s really where much of the performance of a custom ROM comes from.
Files You Need
- Download the BlissPop custom ROM for the OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone from here.
Installing the BlissPop custom ROM on the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3
- Download the BlissPop custom ROM zip file to the computer and keep it on the desktop so you can find it soon.
- Connect the Idol 3 device to the computer with the USB cable and transfer the BlissPop file over to the root of the internal SD card storage.
- Unplug your Idol 3 smartphone from the computer once you are certain you have the ROM (still zipped) on the SD card.
- Boot the Idol 3 smartphone to the custom recovery you installed earlier by using the hardware key combination, or by installing the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store.
- Tap on the ‘backup’ button from the main recovery menu and take the NANDroid backup so you can restore your data later. You are about to reset the device and lose all data. (Install the NANDroid manager application if you want to make it easier to restore the data one partition at a time.)
- From within the recovery, choose the option to wipe your data and take the factory reset — you should do this before you flash new ROMs each time.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button from the main menu of your recovery mode and follow the commands to browse your SD card and upload your BlissPop ROM file.
- Once you have that ROM installed, choose the option that says it will reboot your system, available from the main recovery menu.
In conclusion, that’s all you need to do to install the BlissPop custom ROM on the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone. Note that your stock ROM is now completely wiped and you will not see it again until you choose to flash it at a later date. Check the official Alcatel for more details regarding your stock ROM, or check out the forums for your device.