The CMRemix custom ROM is an Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow-based custom ROM for your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphone. As the name suggests, the CMRemix is a remix of the CyanogenMod ROM — more particular, the CyanogenMod 13 ROM. The CyanogenMod 13 ROM is the latest version of CyanogenMod anyone can install one a device at the time of writing this post.
Files You Need
- Download the CMRemix custom ROM file from here.
- The instructions you find in this guide are written for people running TWRP Recovery and a Windows-based operating system. The steps will vary slightly if you run Mac or Linux computer. Further, the wording on the buttons will vary if you are using a different custom recovery such as ClockworkMod Recovery.
Flashing the CMRemix custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for T-Mobile subscribers
- Download the CMRemix file directly to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to the computer with the USB cable you would usually use for charging the device’s battery.
- Copy the CMRemix file over to the root of the internal storage SD card of your Galaxy Note 4 device.
- Unplug the device from the computer when you are satisfied that the CMRemix file is on your internal storage.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 to recovery mode using the hardware buttons or the Quick Boot application.
- Take a complete backup by pressing the ‘Backup’ button from the main recovery menu and it will take the NANDroid backup for you.
- Choose to wipe the data and then factory reset the device by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button from your main recovery menu.
- Choose to upload your custom ROM zip file by tapping on the ‘Install’ button from the main recovery menu and then browse the SD card for the CMRemix zip file you loaded earlier.
- Swipe on the display where it says to swipe and confirm you want to install your file you uploaded.
- Choose the option that says it will reboot the system now from the main recovery menu once you have installed the new custom ROM on your device.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the CMRemix custom ROM on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphone using your custom recovery. The new ROM will forever boot on your device until you choose to flash the stock ROM which you can find from the Sam Mobile website.