There are many reasons why we suggest installing a custom ROM on a device. One of the reasons why you should install a custom ROM on any Android device that allows it is to increase the privacy. Make no mistake about it, rooting an Android operating system can decrease the privacy. Anyone who doesn’t know what they are doing could grant root access to a hacker who can then spy on your other apps for as long as you keep connecting him with them. However, once you understand not to grant root access to any app that requesting you grant permission, you can soon start to utilize ways to increase your privacy.
By flashing a custom ROM on the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone you are giving yourself more control over the device. By installing a custom ROM, we can often have more say over what parts of the smartphone are accessible and what parts are completely closed.
Anyone wanting to better the performance on the Huaweu Honor 4X smartphone should look in the direction of the crDRoid custom ROM. The crDroid ROM is known for focusing on performance and battery life — something that most of us want more of every day. Our inability to create longer lasting batteries should always be at the forefront when thinking about reasons to root a device, but not always to install a custom ROM. Many times people are choosing to install new ROMs because of features. Those who are more feature-focused might want to look in another direction than the crDroid custom ROM for the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone. With that being said, crDroid does come with some of its own customization features that are unique to the name.
Files You Need
- Download the crDroid custom ROM for the 4X smartphone from here.
The steps in this guide you will read are assuming you have installed Team Win’s TWRP Recovery. You can expect the steps to vary slightly if you are using a different recovery. ClockworkMod recovery comes with all the same features, but the buttons are slightly worded differently.
You must have a custom recovery installed on the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone before you can use this guide to install a custom ROM on the device. Moreover, you must root the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone before you can install a custom ROM on the device.
Installing the crDroid custom ROM on the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone
- Download the crDroid custom ROM file from the files section above to the desktop of a computer and leave the file zipped.
- Connect the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the crDroid custom ROM zip file from the desktop over to the root of the internal SD card storage space.
- Unplug your smartphone from the computer once you have the crDroid custom ROM zip file on your internal storage space.
- Turn off the smartphone and reboot it to the custom recovery you have previously installed.
- Tap on the Backup button and it will take the NANDroid Backup for your device so you can restore that data later.
- Tap on the Wipe button and it will wipe the data and factory reset the device so it’s ready to have a new ROM installed on the operating system.
- Tap on the Install button and follow the instructions to upload your crDroid custom ROM zip file that is currently on the internal storage SD card.
- Tap on the option to reboot the system from your recovery menu once the flashing is complete.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the crDroid custom ROM on the Huaweu Honor 4X smartphone. The smartphone will now automatically reboot to normal mode where you will see the crDroid boot up for the first time. We hope you enjoy your new ROM!