Nvidia Shield TV has been released in the May of this year and is a very great device for having full Android and some high graphic games for television or any other display device (with HDMI port). You just have to attach this device to your TV with HDMI cable and use the game controller that came with the device to control your TV.
The game controller that accompany the device is a wireless game controller with a microphone, mouse pad and some navigation keys like home, volume keys and more. Nvidia shield has some dedicated shield games exclusively for Nvidia shield devices. This game controller is compatible with all the Android games available to download from the built-in store.
There are more accessories available for N-Vidia shield TV like stand and remote which will turn your TV into real Android TV. NVidia Shield TV is available for $199.99 on video store and offers free shipping. If you own one of this ultimate gadget and want to customize yours like a pro, then you should read below this very clearly.
How to install CyanogenMod 12.1 custom ROM on Nvidia shield:
- Download the unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 build from here.
- Copy this zip file to a memory card and insert this memory card into your nVidia Shield TV/ Console.
- Reboot your Nvidia Shield TV to recovery mode (TWRP recovery for Nvidia Shield TV available here).
- Select wipe and swipe to wipe the internal memory and factory reset your device.
- Select “Install” then “install zip from SD card” then choose the CM 12.1 zip file and swipe to install this zip file.
- Wait till your device get flashed and after that reboot your device.
- Now you have the stock Android Lollipop interface on your Nvidia shield TV/Console.
In conclusion, that is everything you need to know for installing a Custom ROM on the Nvidia Shield TV. The custom ROM that was installed is the CyanogenMod 12.1 that comes with the full Android user-interface.