Stock Android is nothing to be ashamed of running any more due to it coming a long way over the years. The main threat to the stock Android these days is that it no longer remains stock once it gets handed down to the manufacturer and phone carrier networks who feel a necessity to start installing their own system apps on the device. We understand why they do this — it gives them a new way to make money from customers, but it isn’t in the best interest of the device owner to have many of these apps.
The great news for you guys is that you can remove these system apps that your phone carrier networks and device manufacturers put on the device. You don’t often realize just how many system apps you are given until you root the device and then install an application such as the Titanium Backup application. Once you do open your Titanium Backup application, though, you’ll soon discover why uninstalling these system applications is such a popular thing to do. Another way to uninstall system applications you don’t want on a device is to install a custom ROM on the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone. It’s rarely enough of a reason alone to install a ROM, but it makes for a nice inclusion on top of anyone wanting to try a new ROM like what the CyanogenMod team produces.
The CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM represents the official CyanogenMod custom ROM for the Huawei Honor 4X. It’s not as recent as the CyanogenMod 12.1 but the 12.1 version is unofficial and ported from another device. The 12.1 version is also not ported from the official team, but rather just a group of developers who thought it would be a great idea.
The CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM for the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone is based on Android 4.4 KitKat. It also allows for people to overclock the central processing unit.
Files You Need
- Download the CyanogenMod 11 ROM for the Honor 4X from here.
The steps in this guide are made for the TWRP Recovery version of custom recovery. The steps will vary if you are using a version of the ClockworkMod Recovery.
You need to root the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone before you can use this guide. Moreover, you need to install a custom recovery on the Huawei Honor 4X device before you can install a custom ROM on the device.
Installing the CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM on the Huawei Honor 4X
- Download the official CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM for the Honor 4X smartphone and have the file on the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Honor 4X device to the computer using the same USB cable you would normally use to charge the device.
- Copy the CyanolgenMod 11 custom ROM file from the desktop over to the internal storage SD card.
- Unplug your smartphone from the computer.
- Reboot the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone into the recovery mode.
- Choose the Backup option from the main recovery menu, followed by the Wipe option.
- Tap on the Install button from the main recovery menu and browse the internal storage SD card for your custom ROM file.
- Swipe at the bottom of the display to confirm you do want to install your new ROM file.
Choose the option to reboot the 4X’s system once your new ROM is flashed.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the official CyanogenMod 11 custom ROM on the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone using your custom recovery and a computer.