For years now, the CyanogenMod custom ROM has been the most popular custom ROM not only talked about but installed around the world. It’s known as the original aftermarket firmware to install on a device. Not only is it the pioneer that it gets much respect from in its own right, but it’s still by far the best. The developers are incredibly ignorant and arrogant, but the ROMs themselves are undeniably good.
Anyone who likes using their Android operating systems like vanilla and pure stock Android will enjoy the CyanogenMod custom ROMs. It’s said that the team purposefully stays close to what Android developers are wanting to produce from the official stock ROM, but they improve it with different features and giving users a more stable ROM. It’s still unknown how the CyanolenMod developers manage to out produce the official Android developers year after year, but it’s a fact that the Cyanogen browser that comes with your CyanogenMods custom ROM considerably outperforms the Google Chrome web browser — the browser known as the best official browser in the world.
Files You Need
- Download the CyanogenMod 12.1 Custom ROM for the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 from here.
Installing the CyanogenMod 12.1 Custom ROM on the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3
- Download the CyanogeMod 12.1 custom ROM file from the link above to the computer and drag the file from the default downloads folder over to the desktop.
- In normal mode, connect the OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Transfer the CyanogenMod 12.1 zip file over to the root of the internal storage SD card.
- Unplug your idol 3 device from the computer once you have it on the SD card.
- Boot the OneTouch Idol 3 device to the recovery mode using the hardware key combination.
- Choose the ‘backup’ option and take a NANDroid backup before flashing your ROM.
- Choose the option to wipe the data and factory reset.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ option from the recovery menu and browse your SD card for the CyanogenMod 12.1 custom ROM.
- Follow the on-screen commands to finish installing your ROM zip file.
- Go back to the main recovery menu and choose to reboot the system when you’redone with the flashing.
In conclusion, you all should have the CyanogenMod custom ROM running on the OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone and it will replace your stock ROM. You can always choose to flash the stock ROM for your device once again if you do not want to be running with a custom ROM any more.
- You will need to root the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone before you can install this custom ROM.
- You should also have a custom recovery running, or else you cannot upload your new ROM file.