The debloated ROM is not technically a custom ROM for the T-Mobile version of the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone, but it does offer people the feature that most like to see from a custom ROM which is the bloatware banished. Bloatware is the system apps that are installed on your smartphone carrier network or your OEM because they thought it would be an excellent idea for you to have the apps but you did not. As soon as these apps are not appealing to you, there is no reason to have them on your device unless the idea of having a worse battery and worse hardware performance somehow sounds appealing to you. The problem with these stock apps is that they are often really tough to uninstall, and that is where a ROM that offers them removed for you become appealing.
There are many ways we can remove bloatware without going to the trouble of installing a custom ROM but each of those ways requires knowledge — and pretty good understanding at that. The reason is because you will be removing the system apps manually and you need to know what is required for your operating system to run smoothly and what isn’t. From somebody who has tried this before, it is a lot easier to brick your device than you think. That’s why installing one of these debloated ROMs instead is the most appealing option.
Files You Need
- Download the Debloated DOB1 custom ROM file for the Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile subscribers from here.
You must have a custom recovery installed on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone from T-Mobile before you can follow this guide to install a custom ROM on the same device. As a simple way to remember is that if you want to install anything custom on your device that it will need to be paired with a custom recovery. The custom recovery comes with features that the stock recovery image does not have and that’s why it’s impossible to install a new ROM from the stock recovery image that is on your device. The steps in our guides for installing custom ROMs are always made concerning Team Win’s TWRP Recovery because it’s the best custom recovery out there to have to run. We recommend you install Team Win’s TWRP Recovery on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone when you get the chance.
Installing the Debloated DOB1 custom ROM on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone
- Download the debloated custom ROM directly to the computer and have it on the desktop.
- Connect the Sammy S5 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable you usually use to charge the battery.
- Copy the debloated ROM file over to the root of the internal storage SD card, making sure the file is kept at the top level of the folders.
- Unplug your T-Mobile S5 smartphone from the computer and then reboot it into the recovery mode.
- Choose the option to backup your device from the main recovery menu.
- Tap on the option to wipe the data and apply a factory reset.
- Clear the cache options from the menu; the Dalvik is always optional but recommended.
- Tap on the Install button from the main recovery menu and then follow the prompts to install your custom ROM zip file from the internal storage SD card.
- Choose to reboot the S5’s system once the file is flashed and your smartphone will reboot into normal mode with the new ROM on the display.
In conclusion, that is how to install the debloated custom ROM on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone, so you are running aftermarket firmware. The stock ROM is now replaced until you decide to flash it on your device again in the future. You can flash your stock ROMs using the Odin flashing tool.