One of the best reasons for anyone to try out a custom ROM on the third-generation Motorola G smartphone is to start using open source software. While it’s true that Android is originally open source, it doesn’t feel as though it is open source anymore with all the system application installed inevitably by your smartphone manufacturer and phone carrier networks. These system apps completely change the way your device appears to you when you turn it on.
By installing a custom ROM, you are really giving yourself a ROM that isn’t trying to sell you anything — and often its these third-party developers giving you the open source ROM who work many hours for free just so you can use them. There is something truly inspiration about using a custom ROM in that you aren’t part of any business and your pleasures are pure.
Here is everything you need to install the Dominion OS ROM on the Motorola Moto G 2015 so you can start using some genuine open source software and not be subject to any kind of business or money for your phone carrier networks or manufacturers whom you have already paid:
Files You Need
- Download the Dominion custom ROM for the Moto G 2015 from here.
- You must have rooted the third-generation Motorola Moto G smartphone and installed a custom recovery before you can install a custom ROM on the device. The guide uses TWRP Recovery as a reference to the buttons you need to press. Other popular custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod will have similar names for the buttons.
Installing the Dominion OS ROM on the Motorola Moto G 2015
- Download the Dominion custom ROM file from the files section above and have it waiting on the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Moto G 2015 to the computer with the USB cable you use to charge the device normally.
- Copy the Dominion custom ROM zip file over to the internal storage SD card.
– you must keep the file on the root of the SD card which means keep it at the top-level and not in one of the sub folders your SD card might have or else you might not find it later from recovery.
- Unplug the Motorola Moto G 2015 from the computer and the USB cable and turn it off completely by visiting your Power menu.
- Reboot the third-generation Moto G by holding the hardware button combination for entering the recovery mode and your custom recovery will boot up.
- Choose the Backup button from the main recovery menu and it will take you through the steps to complete a NANDroid backup so you can restore your data later.
- Choose the Wipe button from the main recovery menu and it will wipe your data and then take a hard reset.
- Choose the Install option and then browse your Moto G 2015’s SD card for the Dominion custom ROM zip file you transferred there earlier.
- Once your ROM is installed, go back to the main recovery menu and choose the option that says it will reboot your system.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the Dominion custom ROM on the third generation Motorola Moto G smartphone.