The Euphoria OS is one of the most heavily customizable custom ROMs out there for the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone, and indeed any device that has a custom ROM available. The Euphoria OS is based on CyanogenMod builds and separates itself from CyanogenMod with a bunch of unique features in a similar fashion to the crDroid custom ROM.
The Euphoria OS is famous for its LED manager, hardware keys customization, profiles, privacy guard, and loads more. Furthermore, since it is based on CyanogenMod to start with, you know it’s going to be as stable as they come. Euphoria is really an underrated operating system.
Here is how to install the Euphoria OS ROM on the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone:
Files You Need
- Download the Euphoria OS version 1.1 Custom ROM for the OneTouch Idol 3 device from here.
Installing the Euphoria OS Custom ROM on the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3
- Download the custom ROM file for the Idol 3 handset from the files section above and drag it over to the desktop of your computer.
- Connect the OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone into the computer with the USB cable — in normal mode is fine.
- Transfer the Euphoria custom ROM zip file over to the root of the OneTouch’s SD card internal storage space.
- Unplug your OneTouch smartphone from the computer once you know you have the file on your SD card.
- Using the hardware buttons or the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store, boot the OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone to recovery mode.
- Choose the NANDroid Backup button from the main recovery menu and take the full backup of your data.
- Choose the Wipe option to wipe your data and perform a factory reset on the OneTouch Idol 3 handset.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ option from the main recovery menu and browse the SD card for the Euphoria custom ROM file.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to successfully complete the installation of the new ROM.
- Choose the option that says it will reboot your Idol 3’s system from the main recovery menu.
In conclusion, your Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone is now running the Euphoria OS custom ROM and it will have replaced the ROM you were running before. You can flash the old stock ROM, old custom ROM or keep the new ROM for as long as you like. New custom ROMs will be flashed the same way, but a stock ROM will be flashed differently.