A custom ROM is a new ROM for your Huawei Honor 4X smartphone that is not put together by the official Android developers. While that may sound unappealing on the surface, you need to know that Android is based on open source software. It’s that open source software that allows basically anyone to have ago at creating a ROM. There are many talented developers out there and some of them are now known as creating some of the best ROMs in the world. It’s these ‘best of’ ROMs that we are showcasing for you to try today on your Huaweu Honor 4X smartphone.
The FIUI custom ROM on the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone is very similar to the MIUI custom ROM. The FIUI ROM is only a home screen custom ROM, meaning you won’t see any differences from the application drawer. What it does have, though, is an Android 4.4 KitKat operating system, a better battery backup feature, it comes debloated with the Chinese system applications completely removed for added performance, and you can even change your songs by using the volume keys when your device is locked.
Files You Need
- Download the FIUI custom ROM file from here.
The steps in this guide are written assuming that you are using Team Win’s TWRP Recovery and not any other custom recovery like ClockworkMod Recovery. You should expect the steps to vary and the wording on the buttons to change if you are using a different recovery.
You must root the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone before you can install the FIUI custom ROM on the device. Furthermore, you must install a custom recovery on the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone before you can install the FIUI custom ROM on the device.
Installing the FIUI custom ROM on the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone
- Download the FIUI custom ROM file for the Honor 4X smartphone from the files section above and have it waiting on the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Honor 4X smartphone to the computer using the USB cable you normally use to charge the battery.
- Copy the FIUI custom ROM file from the computer and paste it to your internal storage SD card folder.
– make sure you paste it in the root level of your SD card which means the topmost folder. Do not paste it in one of the sub folders or else it will not show up in your recovery.
- Unplug the smartphone from the computer and reboot to recovery mode.
- Tap on the Backup, followed by Wipe and then the Install option to upload your FIUI custom ROM file.
- Choose the option that says it will reboot your system now from the main recovery menu once the flashing is complete.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the FIUI custom ROM on the Huawei Honor 4X smartphone using your custom recovery. You will find your new custom ROM is running on the 4X smartphone as soon as you boot the device up. You can flash a new ROM any time using the recovery again. Otherwise, you can flash your stock ROM by using a flashing tool made to flash official firmware builds.