The Ground Zero team of developers has created this unique GZROMs-Tesla custom ROM. The GZROM is entirely unique to the Motorola Moto G 2015, meaning you will not be able to run this custom ROM on any other smartphone or tablet. That alone should be enough of a reason to entice many readers into installing this aftermarket firmware on the Moto G for its original qualities alone.
With that being said, there are still many reasons why anyone would enjoy using this custom ROM on the Motorola Moto G smartphone, including a new home screen, new status bar widgets, new notification panel tweaks, app drawer tweaks, Android 6.0 Marshmallow, new Power menu animations, a louder ring volume and plenty more.
Here is everything you need to install the GZROMs-Tesla custom ROM on the Motorola Moto G third-generation smartphone so you can test out all the features we listed above and heaps more:
Files You Need
- Download the GZROMs-Tesla custom ROM zip file from here.
- You must install a custom recovery and root the third-generation Motorola Moto G smartphone before you can follow this guide and install a custom ROM on the device. Furthermore, the steps are in relation to the TWRP Recovery and will not be exactly the same for other custom recoveries such as ClockworkMod Recovery or any other custom recovery partition you might have installed on your device.
Installing the GZROMs-Tesla ROM on the third-generation Motorola Moto G
- Download the GZROMs ROM zip file from the files section above to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the third-gen Moto G to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the Tesla custom ROM zip file over to the internal storage SD card of your Moto G smartphone.
- Unplug the smartphone from the computer once you are sure you have the file on the root of the SD card.
– the root of your SD card means you do not want to hide it in one of the sub folders. Just keep it at the root level, which is the topmost folder of your SD card.
- Press the Power button in until you get the Power menu on the Moto G smartphone and turn the device off completely.
- Boot the Moto G 2015 in recovery mode by pressing the normal hardware button combination for the stock recovery mode and your device will boot into the custom recovery you have installed.
- Tap on the Backup option from the main recovery menu and it will take a NANDroid backup of your data for you so that you can restore it later.
- Tap on the Wipe button from the main recovery menu and it will proceed to wipe the data and then factory reset your Motorola Moto G smartphone.
- Tap on the Install option from the main recovery menu and it will guide you to the path you need to upload your GZROMs-Tesla custom ROM zip file from your SD card internal storage space.
- Follow the instructions on your Moto G’s display to successfully upload and install your new ROM file.
- Choose the option to reboot the system from the main recovery menu and your Moto G will now reboot back into normal mode where your custom ROM will now load.
In conclusion, that’s how to flash the GZROMs-Tesla ROM on the third-generation Motorola Moto G smartphone. Your stock ROM is now replaced and cannot run until you choose to manually flash it back on your device.