The Matrix custom ROM aims to take your device to another world, but doesn’t have any ties to the movie at all. The matrix custom ROM is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop operating systems. You will get the Matrix boot animation on your device after you install this custom ROM. It comes with all the usual goodies you expect to find in any good custom ROM such as it being zip-aligned, Init.d support, build.prop tweaks and deodexed.
Files You Need
- Download the Matrix custom ROM file from here.
- The instructions in this guide are written with regards to TWRP Recovery and a computer running Windows. The instructions will slightly vary if you are using a different custom recovery on your device such as ClockworkMod Recovery. Team Win’s TWRP Recovery is the most popular recovery in the world and that’s why we are using it in the guide.
Installing the Matrix custom ROM on the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5
- Download the Matrix custom ROM file from the files section above and copy it over to the desktop of the computer from the default downloads folder.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the Matrix ROM file over to the root of the internal SD card storage.
- Unplug the Samsung Galaxy S5 from the computer and the USB cable when you are done.
- Long-press the Power button and wait until your Galaxy S5 smartphone turns off completely.
- Reboot the Samsung Galaxy S5 in recovery mode using the hardware keys or the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store.
- Once in recovery mode, tap on the Backup button and follow the instructions on the display to finish taking the NANDroid backup.
- From the main recovery menu, tap on the ‘Wipe’ button and proceed to take the factory reset which will also wipe your data clean.
- Go back to the main recovery menu once again and this time tap on the ‘Install’ option from the menu to browse the SD card and upload your Matrix custom ROM file from the internal storage space.
- Swipe on the bottom of the screen where it says swipe to confirm the installation.
- Choose the ‘Reboot System’ option from the main recovery menu when you are done.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the Matrix custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 for the Verizon subscribers. You will always have your new ROM running every time you boot it up until you choose to either lash a new custom ROM or stock ROM. Those wanting to use the device unrooted and the way your Samsung manufacturer intended will want to look for the stock ROM. Those stock ROMs are usually found from the Sam Mobile website. Sam Mobile isn’t an official Samsung website, but it is one of the most trusted sources for stock ROMs online.