If you want a custom ROM that comes without Knox security and is based on the Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware, the MOAR ROM might be an option for you. It comes with plenty of status bar settings, oodles of notification panel changes, new buttons and display features, more general mods you haven’t seen before and interesting restart options. The MOAR ROM allows you to restart the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone to recovery mode, download mode, safe mode and many more modes.
Files You Need
- Download the Mother Of All ROMs custom ROM file from here.
- The instructions you will find in this guide are written with the assumption that you are using Team Win’s TWRP Recovery for a custom recovery and a computer that is running a Windows operating system. The steps will vary if you are using a different custom recovery or computer operating system.
Flashing the MOAR ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 for Verizon subscribers
- Download the Mother Of All ROMs file from the files section above and copy it over to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the MOAR file from the desktop to the internal storage SD card and make sure you keep the file at the top-level of the folder.
- Unplug your Samsung Galaxy S5 device from the computer once you have the file on your SD card.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone to recovery mode and your custom recovery should be on the display.
- Choose to take the NANDroid Backup which will give you a full backup of your data.
- Tap on the ‘Wipe’ button and it will perform a wipe and factory reset.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button from the main recovery menu and then browse the SD card for your Mother Of All ROMs file.
- Follow the rest of the instructions that are on your device’s display to finish installing the ROM file on your device and then swipe the bottom of the display to confirm the installation.
- Go back to the main recovery menu once your ROM is flashed and then choose the ‘reboot System’ option from the menu.
In conclusion, that’s all you need to do in order to flash the Mother Of All ROMs on your Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone for the Verizon network. You can flash the Big Red’s stock ROM back on the Galaxy S5 smartphone by visiting the Sam Mobile website. Alternatively, you might be interested in flashing a new custom ROM on the device and trying something different. Those of you trying to flash a new custom ROM will need to wipe the data from the recovery mode and take the factory reset just like you did during this guide. You should always do that each time you flash a new ROM for it to work smoothly.