The N5 Express custom ROM is based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop. It’s not as new as some of the other custom ROMs that are now available for your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 device, but it does offer great stability if you are looking to install a new ROM on your device you use every day and not just for fun. In addition to being based on Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and having great stability for your daily device, the N5 Express comes to you with most of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 stock application, hence the name ‘N5 Express’. Those of you jealous of the Galaxy Note 5 features will enjoy installing this ROM on your Note 4 smartphone.
Files You Need
- Download the N5 Express custom Rom file from here.
- The instructions in this guide are written assuming you are using a Windows PC and TWRP Recovery. You can expect the instructions to slightly vary if you have a different custom recovery installed, or a different operating system running on your computer.
Flashing the N5 Express 3.4D custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 for T-Mobile subscribers
- Download the N5 Express custom ROM file directly to the computer and then copy it from the default downloads folder and paste it to the desktop.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 device to the computer using the USB cable you would normally use to charge the battery.
- Copy and paste the N5 Express ROM file over to the root of the Note 4’s internal storage SD card.
- Unplug your Note 4 from the computer and the USB cable when you are done.
- Turn off the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and then boot it up in recovery mode so the custom recovery is booting up on the display.
- Choose the to take NANDroid Backup by tapping on the ‘Backup’ button available from the menu.
- Tap on the ‘Wipe’ button and it will wipe the data on your phone and then apply a factory reset.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ button and then follow what it says on the display to browse your Note 4’s SD card and then upload your N5 Express custom ROM file.
- Once installed, tap on the ‘Reboot System’ button from the main recovery menu and your device will soon reboot back into the normal mode and how you normally use your device.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the N5 Express custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphone. Your new N5 Express ROM will wipe the stock ROM for now and every time you boot will be the custom ROM. You can always go back to the stock ROM you were running before by flashing that stock ROM file using the Odin flashing tool. You will find the stock ROM for your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphone from the Sam Mobile website. Just be sure to download the right file that is for the T-Mobile version of the Note 4 otherwise the ROM will soft-brick your device.