The Optimal custom ROM for the Samsung Galaxy S5 is a gamers delight due to its ability to handle and cope with high graphics requirements. You don’t have to be a gamer to enjoy this ROM, though. Many people want to install the Optimal ROM for just having a device that performs at optimum levels for the simple things in life-like browsing through the UI, using a web browser or any other kind of app that doesn’t fall under the ‘game’ category.
Files You Need
- Download the Optimal ROM file for the Big Red’s S5 from here.
- The instructions you are about to find in this guide and written assuming you have installed TWRP Recovery as your custom recovery and have a computer that is running Windows for an operating system. The steps will vary slightly if you are using a different custom recovery or computer operating system.
Installing the Optimal custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 for Verizon subscribers
- Download the Optimal ROM file from the link above to the desktop of your computer.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy the Optimal ROM file over from the computer to the internal storage SD card for your Samsung Galaxy S5 device.
- Unplug it from the computer once you are done.
- Boot the Samsung Galaxy S5 in recovery mode using the hardware button combination or the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store.
- Backup your data by tapping on the ‘Backup’ button you can find from the main recovery menu.
- Wipe the data and factory reset the Samsung Galaxy S5 next by tapping on the ‘Wipe’ button you can see from the main recovery menu.
- Upload and install your new ROM file now by tapping on the ‘Install’ button that is available from the main recovery menu and follow the instructions to complete the installation of the Optimal ROM on your device.
- Choose the option that says it will reboot the system from the main recovery menu and the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone will now reboot back in normal mode how you normally use the smartphone for your daily tasks.
In conclusion, that’s how to get the Optimal custom ROM running on your Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone for the Big Red subscribers. Verizon devices are usually a nightmare for rooting and installing a custom recovery, but never impossible for device’s as popular as the Galaxy S5. You should find many more ROMs available to try if you didn’t enjoy your time with the Optimal custom ROM. Furthermore, you can install the stock ROM back on your device if you would like to get back on the ROM your device was originally using when you opened it out of the box or when you accepted your last over the air update.