The OZOP custom ROM gives you One Zip In One Place (hence the name), and it comes with the Samsung Galaxy S6 stock ROM features and user interface. You will not find any additional performance out of this ROM in comparison to some of the others, so only install OZOP if you are an S5 owner who wants to be using a Galaxy S5 smartphone instead.
These are the guidelines to install the OZOP custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone for the subscribers to the T-Mobile phone carrier network in the United States.
Files You Need
- Download the OZOP custom ROM file for the Samsung Galaxy S5 T-Mobile subscribers from here.
You will need to install a custom recovery on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone before you can go ahead and flash a new ROM on the device by using this guide. You rely on the custom recovery having a zip file features for you to upload your ROMs — it’s a feature that a stock recovery does not have.
Note that installing the custom ROM file in this guide is intended for the T-Mobile version of the S5 only and will not run on any other model number. You can check the model number of your Galaxy S5 smartphone before starting by tapping on the Settings > About Device > Model Number. Any other model number will probably get bricked so make sure you check the model before flashing.
Installing the OZOP Custom ROM on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone
- Download the One Zip One Place custom ROM file to the desktop of the computer and have it on the desktop.
- Connect the T-Mo Galaxy S5 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable.
- Copy and paste the new OZOP ROM zip file over to the internal storage SD card.
- Disconnect your T-Mo S5 from the computer and the USB cable.
- Turn off the T-Mo S5 smartphone and reboot it into the custom recovery mode by pressing the stock recovery hardware key combination and it will then boot you into the custom recovery you installed earlier.
- Choose the Backup button to take you NANDroid Backup from the recovery.
- Once you have backed up the data first, press the Wipe button from the main menu, and it will wipe your data and apply a factory reset to the device.
- Tap the Install button from the main recovery menu and then follow the prompts to browse the SD card and upload your new OZOP custom ROM zip file.
- Swipe on the bottom of the display where it says you need to swipe to confirm the installation and then wait for the OZOP ROM to be installed.
- Choose the option to reboot the T-Mo S5’s system from the menu when the flashing is completed.
In conclusion, that is how to install the OZOP custom ROM on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone running any firmware. Your new One Zip One Place custom ROM will be running as soon as the device reboots back into the normal mode in a second. You can always use the Odin flashing tool to flash the stock ROM on your device, but make sure you backup your data and then apply a factory reset first. Also not that NANDroid Backups are only useful for those who continue to use a custom recovery.