CyanogenMod custom ROMs are famous for a lot of things. Something people do not know is that a huge upside of the CyanogenMod custom ROM is the privacy. When we grant an application from the Google Play Store certain permissions, it doesn’t have to stay that way forever. We know this thanks to the encryption for your texts that CyanogenMod comes with when you install the ROM.
The Resurrection Remix custom ROM doesn’t come with that same kind of upside with encryption, but it does have many features of its own that will also have it holding its own against the CyanogenMod builds. Furthermore, I’m personally friends with many people who say the Resurrection Remix custom ROMs are even more stable — something that the official CyanogenMod team prides themselves on.
Files You Need
- Download the Resurrection Remix Custom ROM for the OneTouch Idol 3 handset from here.
Installing the Resurrection Remix Custom ROM on the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3
- Turn on the computer and download the Resurrection Remix custom ROM file from the link above to the computer.
- Drag the ROM file from the default downloads folder over to the desktop of the computer so you can find it easily.
- Connect the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone to the computer with the USB cable — you can connect it in normal mode.
- Copy the Resurrection Remix custom ROM file over to the root of your internal storage SD card. That means you need to keep it in the topmost folder, and not hidden in any of the sub folders.
- Unplug your Alcatel smartphone from the computer once you have the Resurrection Remix custom ROM on your SD card.
- Boot the Alcatel Idol 3 device to recovery mode by using the hardware button combination, or by installing the Quick Boot application from the Google Play Store.
- Make sure you choose to take the NANDroid Backup from the main recovery menu so your data is safe.
- Choose the ‘Wipe’ option from the main recovery menu and it will wipe your data and take a factory reset. You should always do that before flashing a new ROM on your Alcatel OneTouch idol 3 smartphone.
- Tap on the ‘Install’ option and follow the instructions to upload and install your Resurrection Remix zip file on the device.
- Once complete, go to the main recovery menu and choose the option that says it will reboot your system now.
In conclusion, that’s how to install the Resurrection Remix custom ROM on the Alcatel OneTouch Idol 3 smartphone. The device will reboot back in normal mode after you choose the option to reboot the system, and then you will see your new ROM load. You will always see your new Resurrection Remix ROM loading each time you start the device. You have to flash a new ROM on the device before it will work. That includes any time you want to go back to the stock ROM on your smartphone.