The Slim ROM team launched its Android 5.0.2 Lollipop based SlimLP Alpha 1 custom ROM for your Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4. If you want some good looks and features for your Sprint Galaxy S4, stay tuned I’ll tell you later in this article.
Slim ROM team makes custom ROM for different devices. These slim ROMs have a stock android interface but with great features. You’ll find features like Pie control, slim recent task bar (way different from the stock one), shake events (you can pin task to shake control) and may more you will love them. The following custom ROM has stock android 5.0 Lollipop interface and added features as I told you before. If you get tired of the stock UI that comes with your phone and want some change then you should install this ROM on your phone.
Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is the latest version of android released by Google. Google makes this OS different from all the versions made before. Google changed the interface this time with some great features. Google added some features like smooth animations, fast charging (full charge in approx 10 minutes), material design and many more. This Android 5.0.2 Lollipop is lite and fast also it take less RAM and gives your phone enough room to multitask.
Before performing this installation, you should know that this process of flashing ROMs is illegal as well as risky. Google or Samsung don’t recommend these type of actions with your phone. Using this tutorial to install this custom ROM on your device will void your phones warranty and next time you take your phone to service center will cost you money.
You should backup all your important data before installing this custom ROM on your Sprint Galaxy S4 because flashing ROM will wipe all the data stored in internal memory. You can sync all of your contacts to Google account so you can restore them back when this ROM has installed. You can also backup your contacts by going to Contacts > open menu > tap on Export contacts to SD card. Doing so will backup your contacts to your phone’s SD card and from here you can restore them back. Backup your important contacts using Titanium backup application available on Google Play Store (this app needs root access). You should also backup all of your media files like camera clicks, videos and music to your PC or any other external drive. You can also move these files to your phones SD card as this process won’t alter the data stored there.
Your device should be rooted and a custom recovery installed (TWRP recommended) on your phone as custom recovery will give us an environment to flash custom ROM and Google apps zip file to your Galaxy S4. Make sure the installed custom recovery is latest one so it will support Android 5.0+ Lollipop based custom ROMs.
Make sure your Galaxy S4 is charged to 75% battery as it will not turn off accidentally during this process cause it this happens your phone will get bricked. And do not try this installation process on other device cause it will brick that device definitely.
Now you are all set go to the steps then don’t take time just go there.
Steps to install Slim-LP 5.0.2 Alpha ROM on your Sprint Galaxy S4.
- Download Slim-LP zip file from here.
- Download Google Apps zip file from here.
- Transfer both downloaded zip files to your phone’s SD card via USB cable. Unplug your phone after this transfer (you can also download these files with your phone directly).
- Reboot your phone to recovery mode (turn your phone off completely and then power on your device by pressing power key, volume up key and home key together).
- When in recovery mode tap on “Backup”, give this backup a name and then confirm this step.
- After backup completes come back to main menu and tap on “wipe” then confirm the step.
- Now come back to main menu and tap on “install” then “choose zip from SD card” then browse through your phone’s SD card and select the Slim ROM zip file and confirm this step.
- Now install Google Apps zip file as you installed the ROM zip file (step 7).
- After installation come back to main menu then tap on “Reboot” then “System” this will reboot your device normally.
Your phone will take about 10 to 12 minutes to reach to the welcome screen so be patient and don’t touch any key on your device during boot. When you see welcome screen take over your phone giving it your Google account. If your phone doesn’t turn on then force shut down (remove battery) your phone and boot it to recovery mode again then repeat this process all over again.
Like and share this tutorial with your friends so they can also get benefit from this. And don’t hesitate to post your queries and experience with us by comment section below.
Please share this article: