While everyone waits for the untethered Jailbreak for iOS 6 which is still expected to be some time away, Sn0wbreeze has just received an update to version 2.9.7. The Sn0wbreeze 2.9.7 update brings in added support for iOS 6, and newer is 6.0.1 for the following devices: iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPod Touch 4th Gen.
There ‘re many reasons to do this task. Even though the fruit company has made great strides in their software over the years, it’s still a far cry from what nearly all of the younger generation would like to see. We constantly come up with ideas and find things that we would like to see that are not included by Apple. They are then created by third-party developers and issued out as tweaks and then suddenly we have a fantastic bit of software. There is the paid, and free versions depending on what the original creator decides to do with them. It will likely become less and less as time goes on, and the official team that works out of Cupertino will begin to adapt things natively that will be ideas taken from this scene here. We have started witnessing this already. That won’t indicate that there will be no reason to jailbreak anymore or anything like that because there’s no way Apple will come out with that many new features, and there will always be more apps and tweaks built out of Cydia to aid and develop new things.
Before starting the tutorial, please makes sure you are aware that this is a tethered boot jailbreak only.
As I mentioned below, Sn0wbreeze cannot be used on the newer Apple mobile devices such as the iphone 5, iPhone 4S, iPad 4, iPad 3 or iPad 2, iPad Mini or iPod touch 5G because the developer did not allow it to work. However, there is a tool alike even more than came out during 2013 called Evasi0n. If you want to unchain your handsets on the newer variants mentioned then use it instead.
How To Jailbreak iOS 6 and 6.01 using Sn0wbreeze For Pre-A5 Devices
1. You will need to download iOS 6.0 or iOS 6.0.1 (from here).
2. You will also require to download the newest version of Sn0wbreeze (from here). Be sure to save it somewhere you will be able to find it, for this we always recommend saving to the desktop.
3. Grab your iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4th Gen – whichever you are using and connect it to the computer with a USB cable it comes with out of the box.
4. Start up the Sn0wbreeze you downloaded. It needs a Windows PC.
5. In the bottom right hand corner, you will see a blue “Next” button that uses an arrow. Navigate one arrow to the right. In this screen, you will see Browse for an IPSW. Select this option and point your device to the Sn0wbreeze.
6. In the list of modes, select “Simple mode.” Once selected again, select the arrow for next. It will now begin to build a custom firmware. When it has worked its magic, you will see a new desktop icon that has appeared. It is a new custom firmware.
7. On the Sn0wbreeze File Menu, select iREB and proceed. It will put your device into Pwned DFU mode.
8. Open up iTunes now, making sure you close the Sn0wbreeze application first.
9. Inside iTunes in the left hand side panel, select your device that should appear as connected. Now press and hold SHIFT and click the restore button in iTunes. If done correctly, iTunes will ask you to choose the IPSW file you want. Now choose the custom firmware file we created earlier that is on the desktop. ITunes will now continue to restore the device with the selected firmware.