The Galaxy tab was recently updated to the 4.1.1 Jelly bean build, which carried the number JR003C. If you have updated to this already and are looking to gain root access, then continue on below. If you haven’t, then unfortunately this is not the technique you want to try. Doing so could result is serious issues such as device damage beyond repair.
Those of you who are confident you know what you are doing proceed ahead. If you have connection issues, don’t be surprised if this is because you don’t have updated drivers installed. This is obtained via our driver page.
This guide will root the tablet using the CF-Auto root technique.
This is the root for the JR003C 4.1.1 Jelly Bean build for the Galaxy Tab 2:
1. Download the Root Package – CF-Auto-Root zip and extract the file to the desktop.
2. Download ODIN v1.85
3. Power down the device and boot it back up into download mode. How do I do that? This is how.
4. Open up ODIN on the computer and then connect the tablet to the computer with the USB cable. You should see a message inside ODIN stating it is added.
5. Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options which is found under options inside ODIN.
6. Now from the PDA area you have to browse file which we downloaded in the first step and place it here. The file you want to find is called CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.tar.md5.
7. Lastly, click the big start button you should see around the middle of the screen. This will now start rooting the device. You can expect it to reboot when it is done. Upon booting back up it will have root access now.
Please share this article: