Owning a high-end device like the HTC One M9 is excellent but when it comes to rooting or performing any custom action with these then you have to do some extra research on web to do these. If you also own HTC One M9 and confused of all the rooting and custom recovery installing guides then you are at the right place now. Today I will tell you about a very useful toolkit with which you can root your phone or install a custom recovery in just a click of your mouse: Introducing the Squabbi Toolkit for HTC One M9. With this you don’t have to worry about using various kinds of software, malwares and all other harmful virus. You just have to download this and start customizing your device.
Rooting or installing a custom recovery such as TWRP is an unofficial as well as risky process and may brick down your phone so better do it at your own risk. Rooting also takes away your phones warranty because this process is not recommended by Google or manufacturer, so you can’t claim your phones warranty till your phone is rooted. You better take all the precautions given in this article carefully so you won’t get ended with bricked phone.
Taking a backup of all the important data stored on your phone to a safe place so it will stay safe there. Backup of all the media files like photos, videos and music to your PC or any other external drive. Sync all of your contacts to your Google account which will keep them safer in any condition. You can also backup all of your important apps installed on your phone using Titanium Backup app available freely on Google Play store, you can also restore them back using this app only.
All you need is a Windows-based PC (not any Mac variant) with all the antivirus and anti malware removed so they won’t interfere between the process because it may crick down your device. Also on your PC HTC Sync should not be installed or if it have it then remove it before launching this software on your PC. You also need a USB cable which is used to connect your phone to your PC and with this toolkit. your phone with unlocked bootloader. Also make sure that your phone should have at least 50% battery left in it before performing these actions.
Steps to root or install custom recovery using Squabbi’s toolkit
To root your phone:
- Download the Squabbi’s Toolkit from here and put it on your desktop.
- Connect your HTC M9 smartphone to your PC.
- After connecting, launch Squabbi’s toolkit from the desktop.
- Now wait until your phone is detected on toolkit.
- After detecting click on “Root” under “Flashing SuperSU” tab.
- Toolkit will automatically download root package from server and transfer it to your phone.
- Now your phone will reboot to recovery mode, and from here you have to flash this file by taping on “Install” then choose “zip from SD card” and selct the SuperSU zip file to flash.
- After flashing reboot your phone by taping on “Reboot =” then “system.
Your phone will reboot to normal OS mode and you can check the root access by installing any root checker app.
To install custom recovery:
- First download the toolkit from here.
- Now put it on your desktop (recommended, not necessary).
- Connect your phone to your PC using a USB cable and wait until the toolkit detects your phone.
- After that just click on “Flash recovery”.
- And after a some time custom recovery has been download and flashed to your phone.
You can also do some other custom actions like rebooting your phone to recovery or fast boot mode. Now have fun with this unique toolkit specially made for HTC One M9. You can check out what things to do on a rooted Android for more reading. Alternatively, you can verify it is working by installing the root checker app from Google Play.