Sprint Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925P is the most powerful smartphone in the smartphone market now. The Sprint S6 phone has 2.1 GHz processor under its hood powered by a non removable Li Ion 2550 mAh battery. To unlock this phone’s awesomeness you have to root this phone and need to install a custom recovery on it. Rooting will give your phone some more power. To do this I will tell you some easy method for rooting and installing custom recovery on your phone.
Rooting your phone will voids your phone’s warranty because it is unofficial process and not recommended by Samsung or Google. This process is also risky and may brick your phone if not done correctly. So root your phone at your own risk and do not blame us if you ended up bricking your phone.
- You need a Windows-based PC with internet connection
- A working USB cable (not damaged) and your phone. E
- Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to Settings > About Phone > tap on build number 7 times, now come back to Settings menu > Developer Options > check the USB debugging option.
There are some precautions before rooting your phone which will save your phone from bricking down. Backup all of your important data to any safe place so it will stay safe from any wrong happenings. Make sure that your phone have at least 50% battery left on it. This process is only for Samsung galaxy S6 SM-G925P, do not apply these rooting process to any other Android device because it may brick down your device completely.
Steps to install custom recovery on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925P
- Download and install Samsung Kies on your PC, this will install phone’s drivers on your PC. You can also install the Samsung Drivers a different way from the real Samsung website. Look for “Samsung USB Drivers for mobile phones.”
- Download Odin from here and extract it anywhere on your PC (where you can find it later).
- Download TWRP recovery package from here and put it on the desktop.
- Now launch Odin from the extracted folder.
- On Odin click on AP then select the recovery package file from the desktop.
- Now Turn your phone off and turn it on by pressing and holding Volume Down key, Home key and Power key together for 5 seconds. You will see a warning message just press volume up key once. Now you are in download mode.
- Connect your phone to your PC and click on “Start” in Odin — this will flash the recovery on your phone.
- After flashing, unplug your phone from PC and restart your phone.
Steps to root Galaxy S6 Edge SM-G925P using TWRP recovery
- Download the root package from here and transfer it to your phone.
- Now reboot your phone to recovery mode. Turn your phone off and turn it back on by pressing and holding Volume Up key, Home key and Power key together for 5 seconds.
- On recovery tap on “Install,” followed by “choose zip from SD card.” Choose the root package from your phone and confirm to flash.
- This will flash the root package to your phone.
- After the flashing’s done, tap on “reboot” then “system”.
Your phone will reboot to the OS mode and you can check the root access by installing any root checker app from here. Now you can do any performance or interface tweak on your phone.
Once done, you can make sure it is working by installing the root checker app from the Google Play Store. If the app tells you that it passed you can continue to install root-requiring apps from Google Play. Moreover, you can flash a custom ROM because you have a custom recovery image installed. You might wish to check out what things to do on a rooted Android when you’re done.