The European variant of the LG G5 is the first one to have a root method from the G5 smartphones family from LG. If you are in Europe and have gotten your hands on the aforesaid phone and wish to root it, you are in luck.
By rooting your LG G5, you are allowing yourself to customize everything freely on your phone. And root is not a rocket-science that you can’t understand; it’s as easy as playing around with an Android app.
So, if you wish to gain root on your LG G5 from Europe, here’s what you need to do:
Files You Need
- You must have your bootloader unlocked, and a custom recovery flashed on your LG G5. If you have not done so yet, please do now by following our how to install a custom recovery on the LG G5 tutorial.
- This should flash SuperSU to obtain root access on your phone.
- Download SuperSU and save it to your computer. Don’t extract the file as it must be in its original format for it to be flashed through a recovery.
Rooting the European LG G5 (H850)
- Connect your phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable.
- Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to your phone’s storage. Place the file in the root directory so it is easily accessible.
- When SuperSU is copied, disconnect your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn your phone back on in recovery mode by holding down Volume DOWN and Power buttons together.
- Your phone should reboot into bootloader mode.
- Select Recovery from the options that appear on your phone.
- Your phone should now be in recovery mode.
- Tap on Install in the TWRP Recovery menu.
- Navigate to your phone’s storage and select SuperSU .zip to be installed on your phone.
- Confirm the flash prompt by tapping Swipe to Confirm Flash.
- Wait for the TWRP to flash SuperSU on your phone. It should not take too long to do that.
- When SuperSU’s been flashed, reboot your phone by choosing Reboot followed by System.
- Your phone should reboot normally.
And your European LG G5 is now rooted!
Your phone now has root access along with a custom recovery and that’s exactly what you need to get a custom ROM running on your phone or get a nice new custom boot animation flashed on your phone.
The journey to real customization starts from here, and you now have tons of options to customize your phone and take it to the next level where it could have never been if it wasn’t rooted. From being able to completely re-arrange on your phone to deleting existing apps and other stuff, you now have full control over all the elements of your phone.
If you are confused what to do with your newly rooted phone, you can head to our guide here that teaches the things you can do with a rooted phone. It should give you some ideas as to what you can now do with your phone.